Friday, March 25, 2016

The first time I’ve seen a live Sumo Wrestling event in the Osaka gymnasium.



I ended up meeting quit a few very hospitable people in the 2 hours I was waiting in line for the ticket. They really educated me on the intricate and fascinating world of Sumo Wrestling. They introduced me to a Sumo Wrestler named Ōsunaarashi Kintarō, He is the first pro sumo wrestler from the African continent. Ōsunaarashi, whose chosen ring name translates into English as "great sandstorm", rose quickly through the unsalaried ranks, gaining the interest of Japanese media and popularity among sumo fans. Ōsunaarashi was promoted to the top tier makuuchi division for the November 2013 tournament. He emerged victorious from his first two matches against yokozuna ranked wrestlers in July 2014. Unfortunately this year he missed a tournament due to injury and dropped down to second division. I was impressed with how approachable and down to earth he is.



You see Ōsunaarashi Kintarō arriving at the Osaka gymnasium he is respectful to the crowds and staff on site.


He throws salt to purify the ring and he will spread some on himself as well.


I like his face in this shot really vivid expression.

Charging into battle.

The muscles and power they wield.


Ōsunaarashi Kintarō has him now he is going for the flip.




Ōsunaarashi Kintarō has won.
I like that Ōsunaarashi Kintarō tried stopping him from falling out and showed him respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment