Friday, April 15, 2016

Arrived in Kyoto and on my way to the Fushimi Inari-taisha the head shrine of Inari.



The Fushimi Inari-taisha sits at the base of a mountain also named Inari which is 233 meters above sea level, and includes trails up the mountain to many smaller shrines which span 4 kilometers and takes approximately 2 hours to walk up.






On my way to the Fushimi Inari-taisha shrine I found myself drawn to a small well-made temple on the way. It’s a good place to eat lunch.

Before eating lunch I purified myself with the water this dragon spits out.

A beatify crafted door to a splendid temple.

This area is so different from the hustle and bustle of downtown Osaka.

Nearing the Fushimi Inari-taisha temple there are vender stands everywhere selling tasty treats.



No comments:

Post a Comment